Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam government college, also known as the New Town college is inviting online applications for admission to undergraduate courses for the academic Session 2022-2023. Students who have completed their intermediate and are looking for admission in UG courses like BA, BSc, etc. can apply online for the admission process. The college has already released the notification regarding the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College Admission 2022. Students can read the complete notification on the official website of the college.
Several students who want to pursue their graduation for the academic session 2022-23 can now apply online under the admission process. Students will read about the complete admission process, an overview of the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam government college, courses offered by the college, fee structure, eligibility criteria, facility offered by the college, the provisional merit list for admission, and steps to apply for the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College Admission. Students are advised to go through the complete article so that they can easily complete the admission process.
Dr. APJ Abdul kalam Government College
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College is situated in New Town, Kolkata, West Bengal. The college was established in the year 2013 and is affiliated with West Bengal State University. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College is also known as New Town college. The college offers undergraduate courses in the science and arts stream. There are two departments in the college, namely,
- Department of Arts
- Department of Science
Undergraduate courses like BA and BSc in various subjects are offered by the college. Students from different parts of the country come and take admission to the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College to pursue their undergraduate.
Newtown College admission 2022- overview
|Name of the college||Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College|
|Type of college||Government College|
|Location||New Town, Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Affiliated to||West Bengal State University|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate courses (BA and BSc)|
|Departments in college||Department of Arts and Department of Science|
|Category of article||Admission|
Dr. APJ Abdul kalam government college course
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College is known for the quality of education and knowledge it provides to students. Students after completing their intermediate take admission to the college to pursue a bachelor’s degree. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College offers undergraduate courses. Students can take admission to Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science. There is no application fee for the application process. Eligible students can fill out the application form on the official website of the college. The complete step-by-step process to apply for the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College admission 2022 can be read further in this article.
The complete information of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College Course is given below:
1. BA Courses
- BA Bengali (Hons.)
- BA English (Hons.)
- BA History (Hons.)
- BA Philosophy (Hons.)
- BA Sociology (Hons.)
- BA Political Science (Hons.)
2. BSc Courses
- BSc Zoology (Hons.)
- BSc Botany (Hons.)
- BSc Anthropology (Hons.)
Students who are planning to apply for the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College or New Town College should be aware of a few things before applying. The fee structure is one of the important things that should be known before applying for Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College Admission 2022. The fee per semester in the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College is as follows:
|Tuition Fee||Rs 450 (July to December)||Rs 660 (July to December)|
|Admission Fee||Rs 100||Rs 100|
|Library Caution Fee||Rs 25||Rs 25|
|Laboratory Caution Fee||–||Rs 30|
|Total||Rs 575||Rs 815|
The Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College, commonly known as the New Town College offers UG courses (BA and BSc) in the science and arts stream. The college has two departments, the Department of Arts and the Department of science.
The Department of Arts consists of the following subjects:
- Political Science
The Department of Science provides BSc courses in the following subjects:
The Eligibility Criteria for the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College Admission 2022 is different for all categories.
The eligibility criteria for the UR and OBC categories are:
- The applicant should have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks. He/she should have also scored a minimum of 40% marks in the related subject.
- He/She should have scored at least 55% marks in the related subject.
For SC and ST Category:
- The applicant should have passed 10+2 with a minimum of 40% marks. He/she should have also scored a minimum of 40% marks in the related subject.
The New Town College provides world-class education in arts and science streams. Apart from knowledge and awareness, the college also provides other facilities like:
- Sports facilities
- Computer Labs
Provisional Merit Lists for admission
A merit list will be prepared by the college to conclude the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College Admission 2022. A merit list will be prepared by the college authority and will be released on the official website of the college. The Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College Merit List will contain the names of all the students who will be shortlisted to take admission. A provisional merit list will be prepared on the following basis:
- Total number of seats in UG courses
- The total number of students who applied for the admission
- Category-wise seat reservation
- Marks scored by an individual
Steps to apply for admission
Students who have completed their 10+2 and now want to take admission to UG courses can apply for the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College Admission 2022. Students can take admission to either BA or BSc courses. The step to apply for Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College Admission is explained below:
- Applicants have to first register themselves on the website. If he/she is pre-registered applicant, then he or she can directly continue with the login option.
- To register oneself, the candidate has to visit the official website and click on the New Registration Option.
- After clicking on the registration option, candidates have to enter their name, DOB, email id, mobile number, and class 12th roll number.
- After submitting all the details, an OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number. Candidates have to use that OTP to verify themselves and complete the registration process.
- Once the candidate gets successfully registered, a new registration number and a password will be sent to the registered email id. Candidates can use these login credentials to log in.
- Now, candidates have to click on the ENTER YOUR ACCOUNT button. The online application process consists of 4 steps.
- In step 1, the candidates have to enter the basic details like their name, category, family, and other details.
- After entering all the details candidates will be proceeded to complete step 2.
- In step 2, candidates have to enter their educational details like marks scored in 10+2, board name, roll number, registration number, and year of passing.
- After completing step 2, candidates will be redirected to step 3 where they have to upload all the necessary documents. Candidates are required to upload their photograph, signature, 10th marksheet, 12th Admit Card, and category certificate (if applicable).
- After submitting and uploading all the required documents, the candidates have to now choose the subjects that they want to study at the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College. Here, candidates have to select their Hons subject along with the GE subjects. After selecting the subjects, click on the continue button.
- The Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College Admission application process is complete.
If any student finds any difficulty while completing the admission process or if have any queries then they can contact the college. The contact number of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Government College is 09432304081. Students can also reach out to the college through the email firstname.lastname@example.org.